Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's Up Wednesday - Making Multiples of the Same Card


What's Up Peeps?!

I have a card with a few techniques to share with you today.  This is a card I made to trade at the recent CKC Houston show.  I had just gotten my Paris and Royal Melange sets, and just had to make time to play.  This card is very different from what I usually do, and I wanted to trade something that had several components but was easy to put together.  I made 20 of these in several stages.  Let me break down the thought process and how I achieved this finished project.



Card base: I used the border strip in the Paris set on the left side of the card and added a strip on patterened paper.  I knew how large I wanted the pattern behind the photo frame, so I planned where it would be attached to the card and made a mark in pencil to know where to add the pink flourish from Flourish Fun 2.







Masterboard / Handmade Background Pattern:  Very much like Shay's masterboard that she demonstrated recently, I took 2 pieces of paper and sprayed them with Dylusions spray inks.  Then, I added a variety of stamps in the same color family as the orange and pink inks and turquoise paperstrip.  I measured and cut the masterboard accordingly and adhered to the card base.

Photo Frame: I stamped the Snapshot Framer 40 times on white paper.  I needed double the amount because I one half was for the frame itself, and the other half was used for stamping the Eiffel Tower from the Royal Melange set.  Later, I would be able to cut the small rectangle and add it to the clean photo frames.  The cloud effect was created with aqua markers and a paintbrush with water.  I just picked up the aqua/skyblue color and added it to each Eiffel Tower to create a cloudy sky look.  Before adding the tower image, I stamped "merci" from the Louise set on the photo frame.  The whole Snapshot focal image is adhered with foam tape.


With the holidays quickly approaching, many of you will be making multiples of cards.  This process of breaking the project down into stages and then an assembly line could be very helpful in creating many handmade projects for friends and family. 

Thanks for stopping by the Aviary!
Take Flight!

Julie

Supplies:
Stamps: Paris, Royal Melange, Louise, Flourish Fun 1 & 2, Script, Snapshot Framer
Ink: Memento ink in tuxedo black (Tsukineko), Distress Inks (Ranger), Chalk Ink (Color Box)
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White
Patterend Paper: Stash
Other: Dylusions sprays (Ranger), Aqua Markers and paintbrush.

3 comments:

  1. I love to scrapbook, a long with a lot of my friends, I am looking forward to your site.. My mother-n-law is going to love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Julie, the masterboard you created is beautiful and I really thought you stamped the Eiffel Tower on cloud patterned paper. I was surprised to read that you made them, they clouds are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card (awesome colors too), Julie and great idea of how to break down a big cardmaking project. I completely agree with Norma about the clouds.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...