Saturday, May 10, 2014

Scrapbook Saturday


Happy Saturday Paper Wings fans!  Erica with you today for Scrapbook Saturday and I am so excited to be sharing a layout I created!  Today is all about stamps and creating a fun background for my layout!



I am using a handful of stamps from the Paper Wings Productions shop to create my fun background.  I started with a white piece of 12x12 cardstock and then started stamping out different images all over the paper.  I already had my photo matted with its layers so I knew where I wanted that to go on my paper so I just added a few pencil lines so I had an idea where to stamp around.



The photo I am scrapbooking is of my son Gavin.  He loves bath time so much and he will be in the tub for sometimes an hour or more!  When he hears the word bath time he gets so excited you would think it was his birthday!!  I wanted to create a fun, festive, party time back ground because bath time to Gavin is just as exciting as a party!

Once I had my images stamped out I pulled out my  and my watercolors from the Paper Wings Productions shop and began to color in some of the images to bring a little bit more color into the layout.
Once the color was dry I added my journaling and some embellishments to the layout and it was complete.





I think it turned out just the way I had planned it out in my head and I love the look!  Reminds me of doodling I would do in my notebook!  I hope you will give this a try and link up your completed project to our May Challenge "Anything Goes".  Thanks so much for stopping today and spending a little time with me!  If you missed yesterdays post please CLICK HERE for Throwback Thursday where Carrie shows off past PWP projects using this months featured stamps that are 40% off for the month of May!!  No coupon is needed for these stamps just click here to begin shopping!   I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute layout, what a fun way to create a custom background using stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout! The stamped background is super fun! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Erica! Your stamping always inspires me to bust out my stamps & ink... and now you've inspired me to bust out my watercolors again!!! Really beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 Cute, love all the different stamps you used to create the background!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...