Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday - Gelatos: An Alternative Ink!





Hi my Stamping Lovelies! 
Welcome back to The Aviary
& another Guest Designer post from me, Amanda Baldwin.
I am so delighted to be sharing some more stamping goodness with you all!


Before we get to my post, I want to announce the winner of our blog hop prize:
What a great idea! I loved this. I am feeling inspired to get in my studio! Thank you for inviting me along for the fun!
Steffanie, please contact Carrie at paperwingsproductions@hotmail.com for instructions on how to claim your prize.  Thanks to everyone who joined us!


Today I'm sharing a super quick 
(& really easy)
 technique to try with your Paper Wings Productions stamps and 
Faber-Castell Gelatos.

Here's how......


 Select your favourite Paper Wings Productions stamp set, 
- my new favourite (lol, I have soooooo many favourites!) is the 
 and generously cover it with your Gelato.


Activate the Gelato 'awesomeness' with a tiny amount of water and a paint brush. 
The Gelato will transform into an amazing ink!


Really cool, huh?!!


Stamp away until content! 
I started blending my Gelato colours to create fun shades (as shown above). 
My second stamp image was created by combining purple with aqua......

 

Once the stamped image is dry, 
re-stamp over it in a permanent black ink to add a little more dimension and depth. 
And voila! 
What an amazing result!
I created this beautiful tag using this super cool "gelatos as alternative ink" technique. 
Isn't  it super pretty?



Thanks for taking flight with me today!
 I hope you give this technique a try with your favourite
*Don't forget you can enter your creations 
as part of our Monthly Challenge here*

For more fun and inspirational stamping ideas, please visit my blog here,






4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love learning new ways to use this product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought to do this with my gelatos!! Thanks for the inspiration! Congratulations to Steffanie for winning the blog hop contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! I love my gelatos but I've not stamped with them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool technique Amanda. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...